*First, tell us about the stages of the admission process to the College of Communications and Electronics in Jeddah and is there a new mechanism?
= First of all, I would like to confirm that all admission procedures are conducted “remotely” without the need to visit the college, and it begins with the process of announcing the opening of admission doors through the single portal of admission of the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation, after which there is a selection stage, and then the announcement candidates, after which the final admission process is completed, where the selection process takes place through the institution and communication with applicants via text messages and email.
What majors are there in the college?
There are three majors available in the college:
Department of Electronic Technology
Department of Computer Technology
– Department of Communications
* How many interns are at the college and how many were accepted in the second semester of this year?
= The number of students currently enrolled in the college has reached (2360) and the number of students accepted for the second academic semester of the current year is (420).
* There is a growing demand for the College of Communications and Electronics in Jeddah. What are the admission criteria for college interns?
= There are several admission criteria, but the most important one is priority for Saudi nationals and sons of Saudi women who have recently graduated, with the criterion calculated based on 60% high school and 40% aptitude test. rates in all disciplines.
* What is the mechanism of joint training of interns of the applied side?
= Lists names of interns who have completed coeducational training, and lists those with only training or training materials with training, provided that it does not exceed 4 hours, as well as limited training opportunities with the public and private sectors, distribution of interns by training agencies and creating professional graduate trainee programs.
Most notable problems
* What are the most important issues facing the technical and vocational education presented at the College of Communications and Electronics in Jeddah?
= There are many problems, the most important of which is the process of constantly improving the quality of education and preparation of the technical generation, which keeps pace with the rapid development of technology and the requirements of the labor market.
* Percentage of college graduates annually, what is their percentage and do they meet the needs of the labor market?
= The percentage of college graduates and their agreement to work and meet the needs of the labor market is from 70% to more than 80.
* How true is it that Saudi youth’s demand for technical and vocational education has dropped significantly?
= On the contrary, at present, the need for technical and vocational education for Saudi boys and girls is increasing as a result of the great interest of the government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, and the great and constant support of His Highness Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, may God protect them.
In light of the focus on technical and professional specializations, the job market needs to be filled with young Saudi men and women for the jobs available to them to a large extent.
* How responsive do you think the public and private sectors are in providing job opportunities for graduates?
– There is a great response, praise be to God, and coordination with them continues always and forever during the academic year by holding working meetings with them directly or by holding meetings and seminars with HR managers in coordination with the functional coordination units of each educational institution.
* Evening college education, what are its mechanisms?
– Evening training is one of the training channels approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation for working trainees who cannot take morning training.
* What are your plans for programs and training courses for the community as a whole?
= The college, represented by the Center for Community Service and Lifelong Learning, and thank God, has delivered many training programs to government agencies and private sector companies every year, while providing them with educational advice. Community Service Strategy.
labor market needs
* Do you see a need to increase enrollment in vocational schools now to meet the needs of a labor market with a large number of graduates?
= The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the technical training sector, praise God, are currently at the forefront of the world in this field, and the labor market is greatly expanded and expanded with companies specializing in technical and professional fields. currently in the Kingdom, and in dire need of highly technically trained national forearms, and the General Organization for Technical and Vocational Training is very committed to qualifying and educating young people in the best methods and training programs of international standards with high quality in accordance with international standards. specifications that meet the needs of the labor market.
* Tell us about the most striking projects and development programs that the college is working on in the near future?
= We strive at Jeddah College of Communications and Electronics, together with the top leadership of the General Organization for Technical and Vocational Training in college-related elements, to contribute to the achievement of His Highness the Crown Prince’s development vision of 2030, which serves our dear countries and seize the expected opportunities employment for graduates and work in new city projects such as the NEOM project and the Qiddiya project and future projects, God willing.
Leading roles in business and curriculum plans and strategies
* What are the most famous works and leadership roles that have been worked on under the direction of the General Directorate of Technical and Vocational Training in Makkah Al-Mukarrama?
= Many remote meetings have been held with facility managers and members of training and administrative staff to develop work and training plans and strategies to be accurate and flexible and address all the technical and training challenges we have encountered, but we, with the support of the Governor and his deputies, as well as with the cooperation of the educational and administrative staff of the institution, we were able to overcome them and achieve satisfactory results, thank God.
The digital revolution is opening up millions of skilled jobs
* Any advice you give to Saudi youth to get into technical training?
= We are living in the midst of a digital revolution and more people than ever are connected to the Internet and they use digital devices and services for work and in all aspects of their lives, and to some extent this has been facilitated by the development of mobile devices. broadband, which brings more people into the economy every day in developing countries. Over the past decade, new technologies have proliferated, some of them very recent, including artificial intelligence, big data, blockchain, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, machine learning, and mobile applications. , nanotechnology, 3D printing and others.
It will revolutionize our daily lives over the next decade, revolutionizing how we consume, produce and work.
As with all transformational change, the problem is clear: there is a huge skills gap as the labor market opens up tens of millions of jobs for those with advanced digital skills, with a concomitant shortage of skilled workers to fill the jobs.
Saudi youth should keep an eye on the rapid development of these technical changes and actively work on the preparation and qualifications to resist them and overcome difficulties.